It is said you should only buy something if you can commit to wearing it 30 times.
I’m dying to know your thoughts on this!!
My brain goes to:
- What about special events like reunions and weddings 🥂
- What about my 80/20 rule?? Some things aren’t intended to last forever!
- Milestone birthdays 🎉
- Halloween 🎃😜!?!!
As you know, I’m a BIG fan of wearing what makes you FEEL best in your body. That often means making a new purchase of a piece that feels perfect for you and your event.
That said, if you like the wear-it-30x-suggestion, here are some tips to avoid making a lot of purchases you’ll only wear once or twice:
- Rent the Runway and other clothing rental companies
- Borrow from a friend. Barely worn by them; totally new to you!
- Dig something out of your wardrobe you haven’t seen in a while and spice it up with different shoes, accessories and attitude. Chances are, you were a different person when you last wore it 😉.
- Thrift Stores – let’s assume it’s been worn at least a few times before you (gets you closer to 30!)
- And similar to thrift stores, resale shops do a great job of offering lightly worn, like-new, pieces.
And as always, if you’re interested to know more about ways to be more conscientious around shopping, check out my Conscious Clothing Catalog.
Enjoy Getting Dressed Babes 💋